The body text starts from here.
When you purchase an automobile or sign a contract in business dealings, it is necessary to show a seal registration certificate (Inkan Toroku Shomeisho). This certificate proves that your official name seal (Jitsuin) is registered at the city hall. Foreign residents who are 15 years of age or older and have completed alien registration can register name seal.
Personal Name Seal (Inkan) That Can Be Registered
The imprint of the seal must be between 8mm×8mm and 25mm×25mm in size. The material of your seal must be hard enough not to chip in the edge of a seal. (Please see the illustration below.)
- Seals that letters(name) themselves are not engraved.
How to Register Your Seal
- Apply in person along with ‘special permanent resident certificate’or‘resident card’and seal you want to register at Registration and Residents Division.
When register seals with different description of name from the name in resident registration, bring passport.
- Please bring your Resident Card or Special Permanent Resident Certificate and the personal name seal to be registered to Registration and Residents Div. in person.
- If you can’t come to Wako city hall in person, registration may also be done by proxy. The person applying on your behalf must bring the personal name seal and a letter of attorney and identity verification documents to Registration and Residents Div.
- Registration doesn’t complete until a reference letter is mailed to your address. Either you or your proxy with a letter of attorney must bring the reference letter from Wako city hall to Registration and Residents Div.
If you want to register your seal in Japanese katakana character, you must register katakana description of your name in advance. In this case, Wako-shi Station Branch Office does not transact the procedure.
Issuance of Seal Registration Certificate (Inkan Toroku Shomeisho)
As soon as registration has been completed, we issue a seal registration card. This card, together with an application form, is necessary for issuance of your seal registration certificate. Please keep the card in a safe place.
Please note that we cannot issue a seal registration certificate without checking your seal registration card. For this reason, whenever you want a seal registration certificate, please bring your seal registration card to Registration and Residents Div.
Registration and Residents Division
Address: 1rd Floor, 1-5, Hirosawa, Wako-shi, Saitama-ken 351-0192
Tel: 048-424-9112 Fax: 048-460-3146